I was absent on 9/15.
Today in class, we worked in our groups (countries) to discuss how we would run our country. Mr. Paterson occasionally gave us information, like information about taxes and political views.
I personally believe that the tax system should be value-added tax and progressive tax rate. First, progressive tax rate should be used for income tax and corporate tax. I thought this way because I believe that the country shouldn't exploit the poor, and the rich should distribute their wealth. And I also think this is that best way to lessen the wealth gap. Second, value-added tax rate should be used for sales tax. This is because I think that necessities such as food should be more accessible for people with less income. There are other ways of doing this like giving out food stamps but it can be predicted that people who pay higher taxes would argue about how the country uses their taxes so I thought using this tax system is a easier way.
For the progressive vs the conservative discussion I personally think that the country shouldn't be conservative but not too progressive. I think that being conservative isn't a very good way to run a country. This is because society changes and public opinions change because new people are born everyday. But being too progressive might result in a very big failure so I think the country should take time and be very careful when they are trying to input something new. I also think that sometimes the traditional way is a good way so we shouldn't unnecessarily use the new way.
Comments
Post a Comment