Skip to main content

2021/4/21

    Today we went outside the classroom to take photos of the school. The goal was to make people want to come to TGUISS by looking at our pictures. I took a photo in the "nakaniwa" which is the space surrounded by the west building. It is a place where students can hang around and eat lunch, talk, or take rests. I chose this place because I wanted the school to have a welcoming and comfortable image. I had three of my classmates to be in the picture. I had them sit down facing each other, I told them to look like they are having fun. This way I could show the audience that the students in TGUISS get along well and it looks like they are having a good time in school. Even though there weren't any other students in the "nakaniwa", I took the picture so that the dead space won't show so the audience will not know that the picture was staged. 

    This activity was very interesting to me because when I came to this school I was fooled by the pictures on the school website as well. The picture made the grass and the benches behind the media center look so much better than reality. To prevent getting fooled by these types of images I want to try not to trust everything I see.

    We also talked about our bio images today. These bio images must fit the content of the bio, and must fit the image you want people to have for yourself. A technique we can use is remove background, or make the background white so it would float on the white document. We could also use a picture where you are doing something and make the back in boke. 

    My bio picture was from the front and is very bland. For my new bio picture I want to take it with an angle and only focus on me. For now I would remove the background of my bio image.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9/30 Reflection

Today Mr. Paterson introduces us to a tool that shows us if our choices of color are color-blind friendly. I never thought of the color choices that deeply. I knew that some combinations of colors are hard to see but just for normal people. When we checked our site, there wasn’t that much to fix but I learned that there are choices that normal people can’t notice.  Today the class was supposed to start the presentations but we were given more time. I hope that we can do a better presentation than the last one. 

2021/1/14

    Today, Mr. Paterson told us about an article about paper textbooks and digital textbooks that sparked debate.       When he showed us the news article, I recognized the professor immediately and I was surprised to hear this from him. I've read a few of his books about the Japanese language (since he studies Japanese) and seen him on TV multiple times, and I liked him. I'm all in with digitalizing textbooks since it's much more efficient and most of all it's so much lighter.       Mr. Paterson told us about vertical and horizontal reading. With digital textbooks, students can do horizontal reading. When I read books I note down the words I didn't understand and search them up later. But when I forget which page I got it from, I can't consider the context clues making it harder to understand the word. I like paper books but I find this really inconvenient.            I couldn't really get why he disli...

2021/10/12

    Today in class, we were introduced to the world-systems theory. This theory was developed by Immanuel Wallerstein. Mr. Paterson showed us a graph with Kondratiev waves, when the graph goes up the monopoly of the technology and when it goes down the monopoly ends. This suggests that the world is divided into 3 countries, ①core countries, ②semi-periphery countries, and ③periphery countries. It argues that technology gets passed down through generations; rich countries get to use the new high-tech stuff first and when they are done with it, the poorer countries get to use it, when it's not high-tech anymore. The richer countries don't like it when other countries infringe on their monopoly and they try to come into the "core countries". They don't like sharing so it's very rare for semi-periphery countries to bump up to the core countries. One example was when the US was developing rapidly and becoming a bigger country, Britain, France, and Spain fought in th...