First I'll list the things I did not do well.
For the delivery, I said "umm" and "and" many times. I also, often glanced up and touched my mask. I also clasped my hands a lot which was not very good since I need to be more open to the audience. Another thing was that I looked at the screen a few times even though the slide is not for me but for the audience. A really small thing that I noticed was when I talked about Ollie being trapped in a cramped bowl, I gestured a big bowl. This didn't match what I wanted to say so I needed to fix that.
For the content of the presentation, I said two things in the wrong way. One was when I talked about the author's job, and another was when I said the one last thing. For the one last thing I forgot what to say so I had a moment of silence and a moment of "umms". I also thought that my one last thing was too long. I need to make it more short and powerful so that the audience won't get bored.
For the slides, my conclusion slide need to be modified. The image for the conclusion slide needed to be more connected to what I was saying. Also, I thought that putting keywords of the conclusion would have made the slide more professional. For the outline slide, by looking at my other classmate's slide, I thought I needed to make it more visual. I only had words in it and most of my classmates used images. However, I thought that using images would spoil my presentation so I need to consider this point more. Another problem was my reference slides. The font for my links were kind of small for the audience so I need to make it more bigger.
To improve my presentation I need to work on these points. For most of my problems I can fix it by practicing more and having more confidence for my presentation. I especially thought that I need to practice presenting standing up. I found out that when I present standing up it makes me more nervous so I need to practice more in the same situation as the actual presentation. For the slides I just need to fix it.
Comments
Post a Comment