Today we were given time to work on our book reviews since it was due tomorrow. I was mostly finished so I checked my AWL, readability, and the score for paper rater. My AWL wasn't too low. Mr. Paterson told us that since it is a book review our AWL score can be low, which is about 4. Mine at that time was 4.61 so I thought I would give it a try to make the score higher. In the first half of the class, I worked on making my AWL score higher. I eventually made it to 5.25. Then I checked my readability, and it was 10.57 so I moved on. Then I went to use paper rater. It was my first time using the new tool. I had a weird feeling getting a score for my book review before I get graded for it. At first, it was 80, but I wanted it to get higher so I followed the advice and solved some problems in my writing. I got a final score of 83 and I felt satisfied with that score so I stopped there.
In the last few minutes of the class, I used turn it in to check to see if my plagiarism percentage has decreased. However, it increased to 9%. I found out why; the system checked my reference as plagiarism. Mr. Paterson said that he would ignore these kinds of checks because he knows that it is just a mistake. However, I didn't want it to 9% so I rephrased some sentences and submitted again at home. At home I checked the score and it decreased to 8% again.
Comments
Post a Comment