Skip to main content

6/2 Reflection

    Today was our first day back in our class. I wasn't very worried about coming back to school because I've heard that closing the school didn't really help to stop the coronavirus from spreading. However, I thought that only using masks and face masks won't really help. Because most students were close to each other since we haven't met for so long. I thought that the school needed to be stricter about these rules if they really want to prevent corona from spreading. But I also am really happy to be back in school. I was really sad that we couldn't do the final presentation last year so I am really excited about our class. 
    Mr. Paterson told us that since we won't have time to do our long presentations we would be shortening the time. He introduced us to a format called Pecha Kucha. I've heard this word in Japanese but didn't know that there was a presentation style named after this word. I thought that 20 slides 20 minute rule is very efficient and very useful. I also thought that deleting the Q and A was a good idea since sometimes my classmates just ask me questions about the presentation after class. Plus when we have the Q and A session I get worried that my question is not worth asking. I also, get nervous and can’t think of questions. So deleting the Q and A slide will help people like me to ask questions at our own timing. Another factor that interested me was that we have to speak for 20 seconds for each slide. I thought that it would be impossible for me to talk for 20 seconds for the photo reference and reference slides. However, when Mr. Paterson told us that we should be using that time to cover any gaps for things we forgot to mention or didn't have time to say in those slides, I was convinced and satisfied. I also liked the idea that we can introduce interesting references or back stories of photos. 

Comments