Today, Mr. Paterson taught us the way to write essays for our brochure.
He first emphasized the rule of three. When I think about it, I think many things are made with threes. Almost all of the factors in the style of essay Mr. Paterson introduced to us had the number 3. When I write about anything I always think of three reasons. I use the number 3 unconsciously.
Then he told us about the hook in the introduction. When I write essays, I usually use quotes or I write about a situation connecting to the topic. But for this essay, I thought that we should make the topic sentence have numbers to get attention because these numbers play a big role in our claim.
Next, he told us about the thesis statement. The thesis statement should include the claim, the topic, and the 3 reasons. I never knew that the factors of thesis statements. I’ve always been writing them without thinking about that.
Then he moved on to talking about the body paragraphs. They are created by topic sentence, which has 2 factors (topic and claim), three reasons, and the concluding sentence.
Finally, in conclusion we have to include the summary, conclusion, and the limitation.
After learning about the rules of writing classical essays I thought that it would be very difficult for me. I don’t know if I can write a good essay but I will try my best.
Comments
Post a Comment