Today in class we began the class by going in a group of four and testing ourselves if we can trust each other. I've never heard of the prisoner dilemma so it was very interesting. My thought on this "test" is that I would cooperate with my team members. I thought this way because if my team members find out that I tricked them so that I can get a better grade, our relationship would be broken. I also think that if I say I would cooperate with them the other team members would also do the same because they would feel guilty. If I weigh the relationship to my grade I think the relationship is more important.
Even if it wasn't a bonus grade and a bonus where you become the other team member's boss, my opinion won't change. This is mostly because I would feel guilty and if I become their boss they won't like me and the team won't work efficiently. Things would go smoothly if we had a good relationship. Plus, if I was betrayed then I wouldn't work with the boss. Because why would I want to follow someone who prioritizes themselves and easily turns on your teammates. How could I trust someone like that? I thought that my group would think a similar way as me so I choose to not betray.
After this activity, we were introduced to a new topic, international relations. International relations is how the country operates within the world and the relations between other countries. The activity we did was the prisoner dilemma. It was interesting to see how these decisions are made in between big countries. And that decision would impact the world. I am excited to learn more.
【Notes】
International relations: how the country operates within the world, the relations between the other countries
Politics: how the country organizes themselves
Theories of how the countries organize themselves: capitalism, fascism, socialism, communism, dictatorship
Theories of international relations are different from these
Prisoner dilemma
Trying
How we can trust
To predict what they are going to do next
International relationship theory Help you Predict behaviors of countries
Analyze commonalities
With countries that go to war
Religious, communist system to predict the behavior of states
Comments
Post a Comment