Today we watched "The Meatrix" in our groups. The Meatrix had three films just like the original explaining what is really going on in the stock farming industry. The film started off with the iconic red pill and blue pill. This showed the message that people need to wake up and not look away from the truth. The film had parts that viewers can laugh at but also had very serious scenes. Putting very important information right after a scene where people laughed is effective when you want viewers to remember them.
I watched the original Matrix movie so it was really funny watching all the parodies that I saw in the original. I knew about the factory farms beforehand, and about rBGH, so the content itself was not surprising but I was amazed to see one film make such a big difference. It gave me a message that one small studio can combat a big organization, small actions can make a huge difference if we work together to accomplish it. The film was translated into many different languages, having supporters all over the world. However, it was disappointing to see that it was never translated to Japanese.
Comments
Post a Comment