Today in our class Mr. Paterson introduced us to two new writing tools.
The first one was word counter. This tool not only counts the words but it gives us the time it takes to read the whole writing. This really surprised me because there was no tool that I've seen which had this tool. I thought that this kind of tool was something you would think we had but nobody actually made it. I thought that this tool would be useful when we make scripts for our speeches. I really wanted to have a tool like this last last week since we had to turn in an assignment for our Japanese class which included speech. I want to have a Japanese version of this tool to use it when we have an assignment like this in the future. Also, I've always wanted a standard or a basis of speed in reading something because when I give out instructions by paper, I don't know when to start talking because I don't know if everyone is done reading.
Another tool Mr. Paterson introduced us was story tools. This gives us the readability of the text and help us make the essay easy when there are difficult words. I thought that I won't be using this as much as lextutor and other useful writing tools. I though so because when we write essays, we aim to have professional vocabulary and most of the times we don't want to make it easy or simplify it. But when I need to present to some elementary school students then I would like to utilize this tool effectively.
Comments
Post a Comment