Today we were reintroduced to lextutor and AWL. Last year we used this writing tool in our individual essays and our brochures. I've been using this tool in other class' essays so I remembered how to use it. We needed to have the AWL score of 4 or more. When we used this on our brochures we needed to have a higher number but since we are writing a book review it can be lower. This is because book reviews include character names that can't be replaced and wordings that can't be changed since it is already written in the book. I was relieved to hear this because when I checked, I only had 4.58 and I was shocked. I made me overwhelmed by the imagining myself trying to get the number higher by replacing almost all the words.
Today after I changed a few words on my book review, I worked on the author slide. I needed to find a picture of my author, Sharon Draper. This didn't take that much time to find a few pictures. I chose the one with the author holding the book I chose. Since the picture couldn't expand to the size of the slide and cropping it would make it awkward, I had some space left in the slide. I thought that having it white is too boring and thought that it wouldn't look professional, so I chose the color of the book cover which is light blue. Since I gave up to use a light blue color on my title slide, it made me feel satisfied to use it in the other slide.
Comments
Post a Comment