Today, Mr. Paterson gave us tips on how we should revise our essays. He split the class into two, one side worked on their unfinished essays, and one side revised their essays. Mr. Paterson looked very upset, and I thought that we should make use of tools that we have learned (like “tasks”) to not forget our assignments. There are four things we should be looking for when improving an essay. 1. We shouldn’t use personal pronouns such as I, we, our, my, etc. This is bad because the readers wouldn’t focus on the content, and would focus on the person. 2. We shouldn’t use run-ons. For example, etc. like the one I used earlier. We should state the whole thing when listing. 3. We shouldn’t use contractions. We have to write the whole words out to make it formal. 4. We shouldn’t use phrasal verbs that take up too many words. We should use fewer words as possible, to make the point clear.
I thought that when writing a formal essay, we need to think about many detailed things. However, Google Docs allowed us to search up the words easily so I want to thank Google a lot. We found several mistakes in our essay so we will edit it to make it the best.
Comments
Post a Comment