Today, we learned about how to improve our presentation by using the skill of mapping the room. For example, when we talk about an experience in America, we speak on the right. And when we talk about an experience in Scotland we speak in the middle. And finally, when we talk about an experience in Japan we speak on the left. I thought that this was very fascinating because even though most people won’t notice, I think it looks and feels very organized. Also, this gives us an excuse to walk around making it more natural than walking randomly. In my presentation, I used the excuse of walking when I needed to go to the next slide. However, this did not work well since I needed to go back and forth many times making it unnatural.( I sometimes had to hurry)
He also told us about “toastmasters”. They give practice speeches on a topic, and they try not to use bad words or filler words. Because they don’t use slides, they use the technique of speaking. In Ms. Aoi’s class, we do these kinds of practice speeches as well. I’m not very good at it so I want to practice more using the time given in class.
Comments
Post a Comment