In today's class, we learned about copyrights. Citation is the thing that prevents us from getting into trouble, in other words, plagiarism. Mr. Paterson introduced us to creative commons search. This is something that allows us to use specific images without asking for permission each time. If we acknowledge the creator as the original person, like with citations, then we can use it. There are more other rules but they are all not very difficult to obey. Also, when you take a photo of someone we have to get permission from that person to insert it in a slide. Even if a stranger accidentally gets in the picture, we have to get permission from that stranger. Another thing Mr. Paterson mentioned was that we should shorten URLs using bit.ly. I used bit.ly when I was in elementary school and I think it's very useful.
Before this class, I thought that citations were really complicated but using cc search would make it much easier for a lazy person like me. I also thought that cc search is very useful for its high-quality images. When I first saw pixabay, I was surprised that I can use the picture for free, and I liked the style of the picture. I want to use cc search effectively not just for this presentation but for other classes as well.
Comments
Post a Comment